Studies show it takes an average of 66 days to form a new habit. Luckily, we’ve got 3 effective ways you can start saving without having to think about it every day!
- Set up automatic payments. Set up an automatic payment so that every time you get paid, a certain amount always goes into a separate savings account. It doesn’t have to be much – just start with $5 then maybe increase it as you adapt to the change.
- Save for big $$ events like the holidays & summer vacation. Sign up for our summer and/or holiday club accounts and on the first of every month, we’ll set aside money in your special savings account (you decide how much) to help save for these special occasions. If you pull out funds from this account before the date it’s scheduled to payout, you’ll have to pay a fee. This is extra motivation to keep your savings strong until you need it most!
- Summer club payout date: June 1st
- Holiday club payout date: November 1st
- Sign up for our free cashback checking account! Okay, this may sound counterintuitive, but let us explain why this can be very effective. If you’re a regular debit card user already, this literally pays you for things you’d already be doing! If you use your debit card (online purchases count, too) 12 or more times a month and sign up for eStatements (a one-time action), you can get up to $9* cashback straight into your account at the beginning of every month! That means up to $108/year would go right into your account.
It takes little effort to do these 3 things, but it will have lasting effects on your savings account and habits! To take advantage of any (or all 3) of these services, give us a call at 509.328.2900, text us or come in and see us at any of our branches. 2020 is YOUR YEAR!