Did you know there’s a global day dedicated to giving back? It’s called Giving Tuesday and it’s celebrated the Tuesday after Thanksgiving (this year it’s Dec. 3). On this day, families, businesses, students and communities around the world come together for one common purpose: to celebrate generosity and to give.
To honor this global movement, each of our departments chose a local non-profit that’s close to their hearts. Here are the organizations we'll be supporting:
- Spokane HOPE: Spokane HOPE provides early intervention auditory and language therapy to children with hearing loss during the early years of rapid brain development.
- Spokane Valley Partners: When local families, vulnerable youth, and impoverished elderly face significant obstacles, Spokane Valley Partners is there to provide a safety net for those in need.
- Greater Spokane Substance Abuse Council: GSSAC promotes community-wide substance abuse/violence prevention and reduction strategies.
- Higher Ground Animal Sanctuary: Their mission is to rescue homeless animals or animals in need and offer a place of Refuge to peacefully live out their lives.
- Northwest Parkinson’s Foundation: This foundation provides resources and support to those with Parkinson's disease in our community.
- SCRAPS: This non-profit cares for 9,000 - 11,000 animals per year - that requires a lot of time, care, food, and shelter!
- Ronald McDonald House: Did you know Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Inland Northwest will open up their SECOND home in January 2020? This will increase their capacity by 150% and allow for an additional 12,140 nights of lodging per year.
How can you help?
We will be hosting Facebook fundraising events for each of the following local non-profits leading up to Giving Tuesday. Like us on Facebook to make a donation!
You can also mail donation checks (made out to the non-profit of your choice) to Canopy Credit Union (601 W. Mallon) and we will contribute it to our donations on Giving Tuesday.