Thursday, October 19th is a special day here at SpoFed and at credit unions around the world. On this day we celebrate our history as a local credit union, and as part of a larger financial movement; International Credit Union Day. It is like our 4th of July, Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Super Bowl all rolled into one! Spokane Federal has grown by leaps and bounds in our 61 years of existence, and we owe all our success to you, our members. Thank you for your support, membership and above all thank you for trusting us with your dreams.
Each of us, the employees that work for our members, work to be dream releasers. You have a dream for your future, and we are all in on helping you realize that dream. Whether it involves buying your first home, sending your son/daughter to college, or planning for retirement, your dreams can thrive here. How do we do this? We do it by listening, working tirelessly on your behalf, and celebrating your success. At Spokane Federal, your dreams are our dreams.
In tangible ways, we help you by doing things differently. Since we answer to you and not to shareholders or investors, we operate under a different (and we think better) business model than banks. Spokane Federal is a member-owned financial cooperative, controlled by our members for the purpose of providing you affordable financial services. We are not-for-profit, meaning we don’t nickel and dime our members. Our size keeps us nimble, allowing us to respond to your questions and concerns personally. At Spokane Federal, even though you have a member number, you’re never just a number.
Here are some of the distinct advantages of banking with SpoFed:
- The board is filled with people from your local community.
- The executive team is housed in our main branch building, decisions are made locally.
- We offer the same accounts as big banks including savings and checking accounts, mortgages, credit cards, and loans. Plus, we offer them at better interest rates.
- Your deposits are NCUA (National Credit Union Association) insured up to $250,000, this is the equivalent of FDIC insurance offered by banks. Your money is safe here.
- We offer the same online banking options as big banks including direct deposit, bill pay, online transfers and mobile deposit, and they’re always free.
More than anything else, the relationship we hope to cultivate with our members is what sets us apart. On International Credit Union Day, we celebrate you and everything you are working toward. Stop in, have some coffee, sit down with a team member and let us show you how we can help you realize your dreams.