I’ve been a mom for almost 12 years now. I know, I don’t look a day over 25, so it doesn’t seem possible. LOL! In 12 years I have learned a ton. I could write a novel about the mistakes I’ve made, the joy my kids have brought into my life etc. but today I want to share with you super simple things I have learned to save me a little time, a little money but most importantly my sanity.
1. Keep baby wipes everywhere! In the pantry, car, purse etc. (These always come in handy for something and usually it has nothing to do with the original purpose of baby wipes.)
2. Keep snacks in the car. Lots of them. Our favorites: granola bars, Cliff bars, nuts, crackers and pretzels. Someone is always hungry. This saves us from stopping for fast food more often than we already do.
3. Keep toothbrushes on all levels of house. Our bedrooms are upstairs but we “live” on the main level. When we are rushing out the door and someone has forgotten to brush their teeth (there’s always one) we can just grab a toothbrush from the kitchen and avoid running upstairs.
4. Have a separate shoe bin for each kid. Huge time saver. Plus it’s an easy chore for little kids to help you keep organized.
5. Use a pizza cutter for waffles, pancakes etc. I don’t use this trick as much now that my kids are a little bigger but a pizza cutter makes cutting up stuff for little kids a BREEZE! Total game changer!
6. Make brownies in a muffin tin. No cutting required and it’s like getting a corner piece every time!
7. Make double batch of dinner and freeze other half for a night there is no time to cook. Like every night right now because it’s baseball season. Ha!
What are your "Mom Hacks"? Let us know in the comments of our Facebook post. We'd love to hear them!