Your credit union is hard at work in the community. We live, work, worship, and go to school in the Greater Spokane Area just like all of you, so investing in the wellness of our community is at the core of who we are.
We look forward to Giving Tuesday every year because it's a special opportunity where we can show our true appreciation for the organizations in Spokane that are committed to serving the underserved or most vulnerable. Each team at the Credit Union chose a non-profit to collect donations for all month long and delivered boxes of employee and member gifts to SIX incredibly worthy non-profits on Giving Tuesday.
- Our Teller Team chose Hospice of Spokane in honor of former Spokane Federal employee, Debbie. They put together beautiful baskets and home-made gifts for Hospice's south hill location. Learn more about Hospice of Spokane here.
- Our Loan Department chose the Boys & Girls Club of Spokane County and donated an entire Carpet Ball set! The team came back smiling ear-to-ear seeing how excited the staff and kids were about their new game! Learn more about Boys & Girls Club of Spokane County here.
- Our Marketing Team chose Transitions as their non-profit and donated assorted winter clothes, hygiene items, and crafts to the women and children currently in their different programs. Transitions guides families as they work towards dignity, respect, and growth. Learn more about Transitions here.
- Our Member Advocate Team chose SCRAPS and donated giant bags of cat/dog food, beds, and toys for the animals in the shelter looking for their forever homes. Shelter life can be very stressful for an animal, so our hope was to bring comfort to their current (and hopefully temporary) shelter stay. Learn more about SCRAPS here.
- Our Administration Team chose Blessings Under the Bridge and donated bags full of cozy blankets, winter clothing, and hygiene items to those experiencing homelessness in Spokane. Learn more about Blessings Under the Bridge here.
- Our Finance Team chose Crosswalk as their charity and donated countless needed items and an evening of volunteering. They provided and served a big spaghetti dinner to the teens and got to know each of their personal stories. Learn more about Crosswalk here.
We'd like to share a huge thank you to all of you for helping us spread this much love throughout Spokane. We couldn't have done it without your support!