Let's talk best practices for secure online shopping.
It's crucial to be alert and aware when purchasing things online and always trust your gut! If something doesn't feel right, trust that feeling and do not click or move forward with your purchase. Here are a few extra safety tips for your upcoming shopping experience:
- Make sure you're submitting card information into the actual site you are intending to buy from. Check the URL you're in whenever you are redirected to ensure it remains on the same website.
- Always look for the "https://" and lock symbol within the URL of the website you're shopping in. This means that the website you're in is protected.
- Don't shop on public Wi-Fi networks. It's safe to always assume public Wi-Fi isn't secure.
- Be wary of 'Call to Action' emails containing links asking you to confirm card information, claiming there is a problem with your order etc.
- If an email like the one mentioned above is received, go directly to the site (not by clicking any links in the email) or search for their number online and call them.
- Using your Canopy Visa credit card will offer you added security - our system is constantly monitoring for fraudulent-looking activity!
It's easy to get in a hurry on big-discount days like Cyber Monday, but just make sure you're being mindful of emails, buttons, and links that you're clicking on! It will save you time and stress in the long-run.