As you probably already know, I think money is such an important topic to talk about with kids. And don’t wait until they are 18 and flying the nest! “Money talk” can start when they're young. A fun way to talk about it is: money can be cool and money can be uncool.
For example, money is cool when:
- You use it to help someone
- You are way under budget
- You buy something that brings you joy
- You work hard for the money you have
- And the best one - you find money in an old jacket or jeans pocket!
Money is uncool when:
- You spend ALL of your time trying to get more money.
- You go over your budget
- You lose it (hello my daughter Ella!!)
- You brag about how much you have
- You fight over money with others
This cool/uncool list would be "cool" (see what I did there?). Talk about and see if you and your kids can add more things to this list! What a fun way to learn and talk about money all at once.