Just like we take time for spring cleaning every year, it's time for fall/winter house prep! Taking the time to cross these off of your to-do list will make for a smooth ride through the colder months of the year. Plus, being proactive will help avoid any emergencies!
House prep tips:
- Service the furnace
- Clean the fireplace & chimney
- Clean out the gutters
- Compost autumn leaves so you get gardening gold next summer!
- Inspect your windows and doors for insulation—keep the cold outside and the warmth inside!
- Drain outdoor faucets and sprinkler systems
- Create a “mudroom” or space in your entryway for the wet/cold winter clothes
- Check all fire alarms/carbon monoxide monitors