1. Be suspicious of unkown callers: Do not give callers your personal information. Hang up and block the numbers.
2. Do not trust caller ID: Be aware of caller ID spoofing. The number or contact information that shows up may not be who the caller really is. If the caller is asking for any personal information, be safe and hang up, then call your financial institution yourself to check and see if they were really reaching out to you.
3. Ask callers questions: Ask suspicious callers who they are, who they work for, and their phone number.
4. Do not press buttons or respond to prompts: If you get an automated message, hang up and block the number.
5. Register with the National Do Not Call Registry: Adding your phone numbers to the National Do Not Call Registry can help reduce, but not eliminate, spam callers.
More than just your credit union, we're part of your community.
Let us help connect you with your community.