By Krista, Momcent's Mom
Being a mom is the best and most incredible honor I have ever had. Watching my babies grow up is both so fun, yet so sad because it happens too quickly. It seems like yesterday that I had a 5-year-old, barely 3-year-old, and a newborn baby and now I have a high schooler, middle schooler, and a 3rd grader. And even though some of those years were hard, I’d do it all over again in a heartbeat. For Mother’s Day, I thought I would write out some of my favorite parts about being a mom!
- When the kids walk in the front door every day after school and I see their faces after they have been gone for hours.
- When they wake up in the morning and come cuddle with me or hug me with sleepy eyes.
- When I get one on one time with them, even if it’s just the short trip to school.
- When I get to see them accomplish something whether it be a school project, a good grade, or learning to ride a bike.
- When I get to cheer them on when playing sports.
- When my 15-year-old comes and gives me an unsolicited hug or a random kiss on the cheek.
- When someone compliments me on my kids’ actions or behaviors.
- When I get to watch them grow into their own little personalities.
- When I get a random text from my boys saying they love me.
- When they trust me enough to talk to me about embarrassing or private things.
But most of all the best part of being a mom is the unconditional love and pride I have when I look at them. Ty, Jack, and Ella, you are a gift, the most special gift of all! I love being your mom!